Why this education is critical:
- Stock plan practices are under active scrutiny by the IRS, the SEC, shareholders, and other watch groups.
- Equity compensation impacts a company’s earnings per share and reported financials.
- Transactions must be reported on time and correctly to the SEC, the IRS and shareholders. There are no grace periods or special dispensations for mistakes, which can be costly and embarrassing.
How we present the fundamentals:
- Webcast sessions illustrate stock plan concepts and best practices as they fit into the new regulatory landscape.
- Extensive online materials provide in-depth coverage of course topics.
- Quizzes try your understanding of the materials and assignment guides help you apply your new knowledge to your own plans.
- NEW Live, interactive online training. In a new partnership with Stock & Option Solutions, a leading independent equity compensation consulting firm, we offer enhanced web-conferencing technology.
All webcasts are archived and available online after the live presentation. You can begin the program at any time!
What we cover:
Six weekly webcasts will cover the stock plan essentials, including:
- Characteristics, requirements, and tax treatment of non-qualified awards, incentive stock options, restricted stock and employee stock purchase plans
- Accounting treatment of stock compensation, including an introduction to option valuation
- Securities law considerations, including registration requirements and Section 16 reporting
- Best practices for accurate and efficient stock plan administration
- Overview of stock plan concepts, terminology, and functional interactions
Preparation for the CEP Exam:
The course program adheres to the CEP exam curriculum and course quizzes are aligned with CEP testing standards, making the Fundamentals an excellent preparatory program for CEP exam candidates.
Praise for the course from past participants:
“I chose the NASPP’s Stock Plan Fundamentals program as a CEP preparation course because no other comparable program is designed and taught by the industry’s most respected and qualified practitioners, consultants and attorneys. After my participation in the program, I successfully completed the CEP level one exam and consider the program to be an instrumental part in this. The NASPP understands the needs of the CEP candidate and provides the content and course instruction that you simply cannot get elsewhere.”
Rodley Fabie, CEP
Formerly of UBS Financial Services, Inc
"Excellent material coverage and you can tell the speakers are very knowledgeable about the subjects."
"I've learned my job on-the-job, and your course answers all the various questions that have been asked of me that extend into other departments."
"I have been so impressed with the broadcasts and the materials. Definitely worth my money and time."