Why this program is critical:
- Corporate restructurings are unavoidable, yet many equity compensation professionals are caught off-guard by them—don’t let this happen to you.
- Mistakes can be costly and embarrassing; non-compliance carries both financial and legal consequences and could even prevent the deal from closing.
How we present the course:
- Interactive quizzes reinforce learning and test your comprehension of the materials presented.
- NEW Live, interactive online training. In a new partnership with Stock & Option Solutions, a leading independent equity compensation consulting firm, we offer enhanced web-conferencing technology.
All webcasts are archived and available online after the live presentation. You can begin the program at any time!
What we cover:
Three webcasts cover the M&A essentials related to equity compensation, including:
- Overview of the various types of corporate transactions and the treatment of equity under these scenarios
- Due diligence considerations that are critical for stock plans
- Pre- and post-merger legal considerations with a focus on the non-U.S. obstacles related to both events
- Plan administration essentials, including database consolidation and employee communication
- Accounting under ASC 805 & ASC 718 for equity awards exchanged in a business combination
- Review of IRC Code Section 280G on golden parachute payments
- Tips and best practices for a successful transaction from start to finish