Why this program is critical:
- Restricted stock and restricted stock unit plan practices are under constant scrutiny by the IRS, the SEC, shareholders and shareholder advocate groups;
- These awards impact a company's financial statements and earnings per share; errors may cause earnings restatements, which could be financially costly and damaging to the company's reputation;
- Tax withholding and reporting errors can result in fines levied by the IRS.
How we present the course:
- Webcast sessions with industry experts will discuss complex issues;
- Online materials will provide additional in-depth coverage of course topics;.
- Quizzes will test your knowledge and understanding of the concepts presented.
All webcasts are archived and available online after the live presentation. You can begin the program at any time!
What we cover:
Four weekly webcasts will cover advanced topics, including:
- Special circumstances surrounding deferrals and accelerations, including tax and accounting;
- International tax issues and legal implications;
- Retirement provisions under ERISA, Sections 409A and 162(m), and FICA tax considerations;
- Strategies for paying dividends on awards, as well as tax and accounting considerations for dividends;
- Tax withholding challenges, including timely deposit of taxes and alternatives for covering tax payments.