Why this program is critical:
- Equity compensation impacts a company's earnings per share and reported financials - mistakes can have serious and costly legal and financial repercussions.
- Enhance your skill set; not understanding basic accounting and finance for stock plans puts you at a significant disadvantage.
Test Yourself: Find out if you could benefit from this course - take our short (only ten questions!) financial reporting quiz.
How we present the program:
- Webcast sessions illustrate stock plan accounting concepts and provide practical guidance on accounting for equity compensation.
- Leading accountants, valuation practitioners, and seasoned stock plan professionals explain fundamental accounting and finance concepts and requirements.
- Interactive quizzes reinforce learning and test your comprehension of the materials presented.
- NEW Live, interactive online training. In a new partnership with Stock & Option Solutions, a leading independent equity compensation consulting firm, we offer enhanced webconferencing technology.
All webcasts are archived and available online after the live presentation. You can begin the program at any time!
What we cover:
Five weekly webcasts will cover the essentials of accounting for equity compensation, including:
- An overview of ASC 718 (formerly FAS 123(R)), including option valuation, measurement of expense, expense attribution, and treatment of forfeitures.
- Accounting for tax effects, including calculating paid-in-capital balances, deferred tax assets, and tax expense.
- Computing basic and diluted earnings per share under ASC 260 (formerly FAS 128)
- Required disclosures relating to stock plans and information that should be included in management's discussion and analysis, and how to work better with the finance department.
- Advanced topics such as modifications to equity arrangements, IFRS 2, business combinations, accounting for ESPPs, and non-employees.